Your homework for tonight is:
- Check the portal for the results of your assessment and make a plan for retake (if necessary), including making an appointment online. You have to score at least a 4.5 out of 5 to be considered proficient. If you score less than a 4.5, then you'll need to come in and re-assess. (If you score a 4.5, you can also choose to come in and re-assess to try to get the 5 - I highly encourage that, but don't require it). If you score below a 3.5, then it will show in the grade book as "missing" (which counts like a 0) until you come in and re-assess at least one time. (It's really important to master these skills as we go along, which is why I put it as missing to make sure you come in and re-assess).
- Complete the Pre-Assessment over the Common Assessment: Solving Quadratic Equations on the Moodle.
- Sketch graphs of these two problems. Feel free to use Desmos to check them after you've sketched them.
- Due by Tuesday: Write an email to your parents (and copy me on it). Conferences are coming up next week and it's important for you to reflect on how you are doing.
I want you to spend some time thinking about what you want your parents to know about this class and how you are doing. Here are some questions for you to think about and respond to:
* What's going well for you?
* What's challenging for you?
* What could I do as your teacher that would help you be more successful?
* What could you do as a student that would help you be more successful?
* Is there anything your parents can do to help you be more successful?
* How are you doing emotionally?
* Is there anything else you think your parents should know about this class or about how you are doing in this class?
Please be thoughtful and specific in your responses, and please don't wait until the last minute, as I want you to put some real thought into this. The more you put into it, the more valuable it will be for you, me and your parents. Thanks.
- Don't forget Braingenie for more practice.