- Complete the Writing and Graphing Linear Equations Pre-Assessment on the Moodle.
- Continue preparing for your Midterm by starting working through the Midterm Review (pdf). It's up to you, but I would recommend completing it (which is problems #12-15 and #18-21) tonight. Here is a link to the worked-out solutions (pdf) to check your work.
- You can always head over to Braingenie for more practice on anything we've done so far.
- Due Sunday: Before you go to bed Sunday night please write a reflection for Parent/Teacher Conferences. You have two choices for where to post this. I would prefer that you post it on your personal Algebra Reflective blog. If, however, you have something you want to share in your reflection that you would rather not be public, you can also do this in a Google Doc and then share it with me. If you blog it, create a new post titled "Parent/Teacher Conference Fall 2013 Reflection". If you create a Google Doc, name it the same thing and make sure you share it with me when you're finished.
Here's your prompt:
Parent/Teacher Conferences are coming up next week. Since these conferences are about you, I think you should be there. It makes very little sense to me that we should have a conference about you and you’re not there, so I’m encouraging your parents to come and to bring you with them. Please bring your Algebra notebook as well, so that we can look at your work if we need to.
Whether you end up attending or not, I want you to spend some time thinking about what you want your parents to know about this class and how you are doing. Here are some questions for you to respond to:
* Has class met your expectations? Why or why not?
* What's going well for you?
* What's challenging for you?
* What could I do as your teacher that would help you be more successful?
* What could you do as a student that would help you be more successful?
* Is there anything your parents can do to help you be more successful?
* Is there anything else you think your parents should know about this class or about how you are doing in this class?
Please be thoughtful and specific in your responses, and please don't wait until the last minute, as I want you to put some real thought into this. The more you put into it, the more valuable it will be for you, me and your parents. Thanks.
- Prepare a note card (or equivalent, no larger than 4 by 6 - those are inches, people) for use on Tuesday's midterm.