- Check the portal for the results of your assessment and make a plan for retake (if necessary), including making an appointment online. You have to score at least a 4.5 out of 5 to be considered proficient. If you score less than a 4.5, then you'll need to come in and re-assess. (If you score a 4.5, you can also choose to come in and re-assess to try to get the 5 - I highly encourage that, but don't require it). If you score below a 3.5, then it will show in the grade book as "missing" (which counts like a 0) until you come in and re-assess at least one time. (It's really important to master these skills as we go along, which is why I put it as missing to make sure you come in and re-assess.)
- Watch and complete the Slope video. As you watch it, please make sure you follow the directions/recommendations for how to watch and complete it. This should probably take about 20 minutes total, so plan accordingly.
- After you've completed watching the video, including working out the self-check problems in your notebook, then make sure you login to the Moodle and complete the free-response summary (sample) and submit your self-check answers (just the answers, you only need to show the work in your notebook). Please make a note of any questions you may still have and come to class ready to ask them and/or figure them out with your classmates.
- By Wednesday: Don't forget to complete the Air Travel research and your Graphing Story blog post.
- Don't forget your X- and Y-Intercepts blog posts due Friday.
- You can always head over to Braingenie for more practice on slope.
- You don't have to watch this, but you might enjoy this four minute video titled I Hate Pennies! And you might be interested in this article Penny Dreadful. Then go talk to your social studies teacher and ask them what they think about whether we should still have pennies (and nickels).