Your homework for this weekend is:
- Please carefully read through How to Watch the Videos. These videos are a very important part of our course, and it's critical that you watch them in an effective manner. If you read this carefully now and follow the recommendations, you're going to do great.
- Watch and complete the Solving Two-Step Equations Video. As you watch it, please make sure you follow the directions/recommendations for how to watch and complete it (what you just read in #1 above). This should probably take about 20 minutes total, so plan accordingly.
- After you've completed watching the video, including working out the self-check problems in your notebook, then make sure you login to the Moodle and complete the free-response summary (sample) and submit your self-check answers (just the answers, you only need to show the work in your notebook). Please make a note of any questions you may still have and come to class on Monday ready to ask them and/or figure them out with your classmates.
- If you want more practice on solving equations with variables on both sides (completely optional), do as many of the problems at Braingenie as you wish (login with your google apps login and password). On the left side click on "Goals", then Click on the goal "Solving Two-Step Equations" and pick and choose from the categories.
- If you didn't get a chance to in class, please add my number to your contacts in your cell phone (only if you have a cell phone, obviously) so that you know it's me if I text/call you. That also allows you to easily text/call me if you need to. (Scary, I know, but hopefully helpful.)
- Please create your Algebra Reflective Blog following these directions. You don't need to create a post yet, that will come next week, but just get the blog created. If you have trouble, don't worry, I can help you next week (but I think you'll be able to figure it out). If you do get it created, then please email me the URL (again, that URL should be fischalg13firstnamelastinitial.blogspot.com if you followed the directions).
Thanks for a great first week!